Social Media will change HR-World in 2013?
social media and mobile have significantly affected human resource (HR)
technology trends in 2012. According to the 2012 HR Technology Conference, more
and more HR managers will be using technology to achieve business objectives in
2013. They will integrate social media technologies to recruit, develop and
Revolution in CV-making?
2013 will witness the
death of resume. Your traditional
resume will be replaced by your personal brand. Recruitment Company or managers will get to know about you by:
- the top ten searches on your name on Google,
- the number of twitter followers you have,
- the size and quality of recommendations you have on LinkedIn,
- your Klout score etc. Your Klout score will become a measurable currency and it will find an important position on your resume. It may even help you get your next promotion. Salesforce.com recently advertised a position that listed “a Klout score of 35 or over” as one of the key ‘desired skills’ for a community manager position.
Role of HR-Managers in the Interactive Environments
HR managers have
understood the importance of employee engagement and will be focusing more and
more on boosting engagement among the employees in 2013. The companies are
creating interactive environment where they can engage employees through
internal social networks. Companies are letting employees share their badges
earned by completing various modules on social media networks.
Critical-Technologies will shape HR in 2013?
More and more
companies will be investing in software as a service (SaaS) for HR business
function in 2013. HR Managers are now shifting to cloud-based products. “SaaS
adoption is already at very high levels, and really now companies will choose
SaaS first. Basically it becomes a perquisite for any kind of solution they
look at in HR,” as per Mr Paul Hamerman, Vice President and Principal Analyst,
Forrester Research Inc.
Interactive HR Services helping organisations
Pvt Ltd provides social media management, and Intranet Content solutions to its
client for increasing employee engagement. Woodapple helps sharing the top
management perspective to the vast no of emplyees through engaging and
interactive way of social media. Some of the major clients who took benefit of
this new and interactive social media use of HR technique, are Tata OneWorld,
Maruti Udyog Ltd, GE Capital, ABC Consultants etc.
important events in HR 2013
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Rajasthan is organizing the 6th Edition of its annual flagship event HR Conclave on February 15-16, 2013 at SMS Function Centre, Sawai Ram Singh Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan. The theme of HR Conclave 2013 is "Future Ready HR: New Trends in Human Capital Management".
- Cape Peninsula
University of Technology is hosting its first International Conference, ‘Leadership
and Management in Projectified Industry South Africa (LAMIPISA)’ on April 1-4, 2013
in Cape Town, South Africa. The focus is on leadership and management in
project driven industries.
- Emerging Markets HR
Summit is being organized on October 2-4, 2013 in London, United Kingdom. It is
an excellent opportunities to join the International HR
Community, hear the key note speeches, and case studies and get to know about
new trends in emerging markets in HR.
2013 Industry Trends articles to read on Woodapple Blog: